Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Coaches Education

When I finished TK4 in 2006 - the last of the tennis coaches education in Sweden - I was unsatisfied. I liked the courses of course, but I felt like I needed MORE! - great news on the way!
The Swedish Tennis Federation has decided, about a year and a half ago, to radically change the direction of the Coaches Education program.
Henrik Ekersund, the Educational officer at the Tennis Federation has done a great job benchmarking the current educational system with the leading tennis nations; further, networking with Falun University and Linne University in Växjö in order to bring the coaches education to an academic level. The education will kick start this fall and I am most exited about it.
The correlation between an academic coaches education and the quality of players a country produces are positively correlated. Check out the Tennis Europe's study about the differences between European countries when it comes to education. Is it just chance that Spain and France - among others - are better tennis countries than we at the moment?

Comparision chart of the Coaches' Education systems in Europe - 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment